Interdisciplinarity of RSENSE
The interdisciplinary skills merge all the key components behind the technology development in RSENSE. Especially the merging with Environmental Sciences opens new application potential beyond life sciences. RSENSE comprises the following five research disciplines.
- Applied Mathematics/Computer Science: artificial intelligence and new models/algorithms
- Physics: optical technology, measurement principles, particle properties
- Engineering: detectors, calibration, manufacturing, and electronics.
- Environmental Sciences: sensing, monitoring and quantifying black-carbon and nanoparticle concentrations in the atmosphere or emission / exhaust systems.
- Life Sciences: sensing/imaging of biomarkers in tissues and cells.